Creative Services Manager - Denver International Airport City and County of Denver Denver International Airport, CO Full-time Job details Job Type Full-time Full Job Description About Our Job Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment. Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of... Read More
Creative Services Manager - International Airport
Creative Services Manager - Denver International Airport
City and County of Denver
Denver International Airport, CO
Full Job Description
About Our Job
Employment Requirement: City Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by September 30, 2021. All persons offered a position will be required to provide valid proof of vaccination prior to starting employment.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is the third-busiest airport in the United States and one of the top ten busiest airports in the world, connecting our community globally through flight and business. DEN is the primary economic engine for the state of Colorado, generating more than $33 billion for the region annually and employing nearly 30,000 people. At DEN, we are committed to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace. We celebrate individuality and uplift all races, ethnicities, gender identities, national origins, ages, abilities, religion, and LGBTQIA+ communities. We know that our diversity makes us stronger, and we strive to keep diversity, equity, and inclusion at the center of all that we do.
Denver International Airport (DEN) is looking for an experienced Creative Services Manager to lead our creative services team and projects. This person will be a leader, creative advisor and hands-on graphic designer offering professional, inventive and dynamic creative solutions that are consistent with DENs visual identity and brand.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing and Branding, this is a management and design position mixed with strategy, campaign creation and out of the box thinking. We are looking for someone that is a big thinker but has their feet firmly on the ground and is organized, proactive and enthusiastic to execute all levels of graphic, photography and video projects that vary in scale, type and urgency.
To be considered for this position, all applicants are required to upload a copy of their portfolio at time of application.
Additionally, as a Creative Services Manager you can expect to:
* Supervise one full time designer and one multimedia producer which requires leadership, coaching and mentoring and oversight of workplan, setting goals and performance management
* Manage the creative process from concept to completion, utilizing DENs established branding guidelines, providing recommendations and timelines, and developing and executing appropriate design strategies to achieve business objectives
* Create digital and traditional design concepts including collateral, signage, large format creative, advertisements, event materials, web graphics, landing pages, infographics and other internal and external deliverables
* Fulfill everyday requests for various design assets, templates and logos, delegating tasks when appropriate
* Enhance brand templates (word docs, pdfs, emails signatures, ads, etc) to create consistency and offer an arsenal of ready to use tools
* Operate as a partner with outside vendors regarding production of various creative assets, overseeing all phases of production including printing processes, paper selection, color calibration, in-person press checks and managing deadlines
* Follow project management procedures to track projects and requests, and allow for quick reporting and updates on projects, deadlines, etc
* Ability to work on multiple projects and changing priorities simultaneously while delivering precise work within specified deadlines
* Availability to work outside of normal business hours when necessary.
We are looking for a candidate with some or all the following skills and experience:
* Creative team leader and manager with 3-5 years of experience managing creative staff including designers
* Bachelor's degree in Fine Arts, Graphic Arts
* Minimum of eight years of relevant, directly related professional experience.
* Exceptional knowledge and skill with Adobe Creative Suite programs (especially InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator), basic HTML, Microsoft Office, and Adobe Acrobat
* Experience with video editing programs desired
* Availability to work outside of normal business hours when necessary
* Demonstrated working knowledge of project management tools and methodologies including scheduling, proofing processes and traffic
* Solid understanding image optimization, file size and type, font use, brand guidelines, etc.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
* Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
* Experience: Three (3) years of professional experience at the type and level of a Marketing/Communications Specialist in communications, marketing, and/or public relations.
* Education/Experience Equivalency: Two (2) years of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education. Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
* License/Certifications: R equires a valid Driver's License at the time of application.
FBI Background Check: FBI criminal background check is required for all positions at Denver International Airport (DEN). Employees are also required to report any felony convictions and/or moving violations to maintain this clearance and be eligible for continued employment. By position, a pre-employment physical/drug test may be required.
Snow / Emergency Duties: Denver International Airport is a 24/7/365 team operation. If weather conditions warrant or an emergency crisis occurs, all DEN employees can be required to work extended hours and/or shifts.
About Everything Else
CA2839 Marketing and Communications Manager
Position Salary Range
$83,348.00 - $137,524.00
$83,348 - $110,436 - Based on Education and Experience
Denver International Airport
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
You must create an Indeed account before continuing to the company website to apply